OMG, I’m hiring! ISO #bilingual #pubmedia #supahstar
I’m super stoked to have a Full-Time job opening @vocalo. Read below for extensive deets on the position. And click on the link below to apply. Pro tip: If you’ve never heard of Vocalo, please be sure that you do your homework before you apply. There’s nothing worse than a cut-and-paste cover letter and resume.
Job Title: Host/Producer
Produces multi-platform content for Vocalo.
The Host/Producer that is responsible for producing and creating bilingual multi-platform content, in addition to coordinating and executing projects as assigned by the Managing Director. As part of a team of producers, this position serves as on-air talent, field producer, content curator, editor, and web producer.
- Hosts personality-driven formats (broadcast, podcast, events) to engage with audiences
- Oversees Sunday Spanish-language programming, including music and content curation to ensure they meet with Vocalo’s editorial guidelines
- Creates and/or facilitates original multi-platform content (on-air and digital)
- Engages with audiences through social media, on platforms including but not limited to: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Vine
- Provides functional support for Vocalo’s storytelling workshops, helps to develop strategy for Spanish-language storytelling workshops
- Assists Managing Director with project planning, development and execution
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, and presentations for projects and events
- Works with Marketing and Events team connect audiences to the Vocalo experience
- This position requires a flexible schedule with the ability to work evenings and weekends, based on program schedule and special events
- Participates in on-air fundraising as requested
- Represents Vocalo and Chicago Public Media at events and other public appearances as needed.
Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent training and professional experience
- Deep connection and understanding of the needs and interests of Latino/multicultural audiences
- Familiarity with Vocalo Mission & Programming
- 3+ years content production experience, with on-air hosting desired
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written in both English and Spanish
- Project management experience strongly desired
- Digital audio/video recording and editing experience (Adobe Audition, Sony Vegas, or FinalCut)
- Experience developing or coordinating media training programs is a plus
Qualities of a successful Host/Producer:
Host/Producers do it all. They are project managers, creative producers, and on-air/event hosts. They are digital natives that are excited by exploring new ground and creating unique experiences. They have great personalities and are motivated by helping to deliver amazing creative ideas. Host/Producers love working with teams, and know when to take the lead and when to play a supporting role to help others perform their best. Host/Producers are comfortable thinking about the big picture as they are managing the details.
To apply, visit: Chicago Public Media Jobs.